Today we cover following for Current Affairs 17/08/2018 topics and at last we will check our self by giving the test.
Relentless rain savages Kerala
- 91 peoples killed in rain and flood related incidents in Kerala.
- More than 1.2 lakh people shifted to relief camps.
- CM called PM and Home Minister for assistance.
- India Meteorological Department has warned of heavy rain for the next 48 hours in the State.
- to undertake rescue and relief operations 18 National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams already in Kerala
|Under Ministry||Ministry of Earth Science||Ministry of Home Affairs|
|Objective||Indian government agency in all matters relating to Meteorology, seismology and allied subjects.
for more click here
|force to provide specialist response during disasters be they natural or man-made.|
- the responsibility of disaster management comes under the State Government.
- When ‘calamities’ occurs , the Central Government is responsible for providing assistance to the affected state, at the State’s request.
Rupee slides to a new low vs US dollar $
- A strong dollar is bad news for India because it makes imports more expensive.
- While theory says that the depreciating rupee gives a boost to exports.
- if Rupee slide further, raise domestic inflation and may lead to tighter monetary policy from RBI by raising interest rates.
No creamy layer norm for SCs/STs
- Creamy layer member is a member that is relatively forward and better educated member of the society.
- annual family income from all sources more than 100,000 rupees comes under creamy layer.
- Creamy layer was the recommendation of Sattanathan Commission in 1971.
- Today supreme court said about sc/st creamy layer that “who have suffered for centuries.“
A “blind box” to fight drug mence
People Who know about illegal activities but are scared to inform the police.
People need to write down what you want to report to the police and crop it in the box.
Police celebrated the Independence Day on the theme freedom from drugs