BA First Year Human Geography Syllabus
- Concept and Nature ; Meaning, Scope and Development of Human
- Man and Environment relationship-Determinism, Possibilism, Neodeterminism
- Basic principles-Principle of Activity or Change
- Principle of Terrestrial Unity or whole
- Habitation (Population and Settlement)
- Distribution of population and world pattern
- global migration – causes and consequences
- concept of over population and under population
- Human Settlements – Origin, types (Rural-Urban) characteristics, size and
- House types and their distribution with special reference to India.
- Economy Evolution of Human Economy ;
- Sequence of human occupance,
- Primitive Economics-Food gathering, Hunting, Pastoral herding, Fishing,
Lumbering and Primitive agriculture.
- Later major innovations and their impact.
- Society and Culture Evolution of man (Australopithecus, Homo Erectus,
Homosapiens. Man’s spread over the earth during the Pleistocene)
- cultural Diffusion,
- Cultural realms.
- World Human Races-Classification, Characteristics and Distribution.
- Population Tribes : Some typical modes of life of world Tribes-Eskimos,
Kirghiz, Bushman, Masai, Semang and Pygmies
- Economy and Society of Indian Tribes-Bhotias, Gaddis, Tharus, Bhil, Gond, Santhal, Nagas (with reference to their present-day transformation)
Our Course on Human Geography