This paper introduces students to the Constitution of India in its structural and functional
aspect. It is expected that the knowledge acquired in the introductory political theory paper
shall be juxtaposed in understanding the nitty-gritty of this paper.
- Making of Indian Constitution, Constituent Assembly: Composition and Working.
- Preamble and Salient Features of Indian Constitution.
- Fundamental Rights and Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy.
- President and Prime Minister.
- Supreme Court, Judicial Review and Judicial Activism.
- Governor, Chief Minister and State Legislatures.
- Panchayati Raj and Municipal Governments
- Nature of Federal System and Centre-State Relations.
- Election Commission and Electoral Reforms, National Commission for Scheduled
Castes, National Commission for Scheduled Tribes.